Diploma in Information Technology
This programme aids the students to get a sound understanding on computer applications, which can give them a perfect start for a challenging career in the field of information technology. This programme prepares students with the
necessary skills to build successful careers in the information sector to assist in an organisation where IT is needed.
Duration of Study
Students who graduate from this programme can work gainfully in software services companies, outsourcing companies and other allied sectors as a web developer, programmer.
- Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV) / O-Level with at least credits in three (3) subjects including Mathematics ; OR
- Passed STPM or equivalent at least one (1) full-time subject & credit in Mathematics at SPM or equivalent ; OR
- Passed STAM (Jayyid rank) in one (1) subject & credit in Mathematics at SPM or equivalent ; OR
- Passed Certificate (Level 3 MQF) in relevant fields of Higher Education Grantees recognised by the Government of Malaysia with at least CGPA 2.0 ; OR
- Passed Level 3 Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) in recognised or equivalent related fields AND :
- Passed SPM with at least one (1) credit ; AND
- Continuing studies at the Diploma level in the same field ; AND
- One (1) year of working experience in relevant field or a minimum of one (1) semester of the bridging program
- Passed the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least B grade in three (3) subjects including Mathematics ; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian government
Additional Requirement for International Students - English
- International students should have good oral & written English proficiency grammar, for example the 6.0 scale for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent. If students do not meet these criteria, PPT must offer English language proficiency courses to ensure adequate fluency for students to meet program requirements.
* Standard Computing Program