Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
This programme is designed to provide high-quality undergraduate education to the students with the objective of preparing them for prolific careers and providing graduate training in the area of IT. This programme will reinforce IT areas while inventing and implementing new technology. The graduates will be able to apply sound judgement to the production, communal, ethical and professional issues of the rapidly developing computing industry.
Duration of Study
Web Developer, Programmer, Database Analyst, Network Engineer, Data Analyst, IT Market Executive, etc.
- Passed STPM Certificate or equivalent, with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in any 2 subjects & credits in Mathematics at SPM level or equivalent ; OR
- Passed A-Level with at least a pass in two (2) subjects or equivalent & passed O-Level or equivalent with credits in Mathematics ; OR
- Passed Matriculation or Basic Course with minimum CGPA 2.0 & Credit in Mathematics at SPM level or equivalent ; OR
- Passed Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with an average of at least 55% including Mathematics ; OR
- Passed the South Australian Matriculation (SAM) / Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with an average of at least 60% including Mathematics ; OR
- Passed High School Certificate (HSF) with at least 60% including Mathematics ; OR
- A Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information System or equivalent to a minimum CGPA of 2.50 & a credit in Mathematics at the SPM level or its equivalent ; OR
- Any Diploma in Science & Technology OR Business Studies with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 will be admitted depending on the neat internal assessment process & credit in mathematics at the SPM level or its equivalent ; OR
- Passed STAM (Jayyid rank) & passed SPM / equivalent & get MUET level 1 (Band 1) at least ; OR
- Passed International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of 24 including Mathematics ; OR
- Passed the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with grade B in five (5) subjects including Mathematics ; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian government.
Candidates who earn the minimum CGPA may be exempted if the qualifications comprise Mathematics subjects & their achievement is equivalent / more than the credit requirements of the subject at the SPM level. Candidates who earn credit in a computer-related subject at the SPM / STPM level or equivalent may be given a primary consideration.
Additional Requirement for International Students - English
- International students should have good written & spoken English proficiency, for example the 6.0 scale for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent.