Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) Software Engineering
This programme is designed to provide high-quality undergraduate education to the students with the objective of preparing them for prolific careers and providing graduate training in the area of IT. This programme will reinforce IT areas while inventing and implementing new technology. The graduates will be able to apply sound judgement to the production, communal, ethical and professional issues of the rapidly developing computing industry.
Students who graduate from this programme can work gainfully in software services companies, outsourcing companies and other allied sectors as a web developer, programmer.
- Passed STPM or equivalent, with a minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in any 2 subjects & credits in the Additional Mathematics subject at the SPM level or equivalent ; OR
- Passed A-Level with at least a pass in two (2) subjects or equivalent & passed O-Level or equivalent with credits in Mathematics ; OR
- Passed the Matriculation or Basic Course with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 & a credit in the Additional Mathematics subject at the SPM level or equivalent ; OR
- Passed Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with an average of at least 55% including Mathematics ; OR
- Passed the South Australian Matriculation (SAM) / Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with an average of at least 60% including Mathematics ; OR
- Passed High School Certificate (HSF) with at least 60% including Mathematics ; OR
- A Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information System OR equivalent to a minimum CGPA of 2.5 & credits in Additional Mathematics at the SPM level or equivalent. Candidates with CGPA of below 2.50 but more than 2.00 with credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or equivalent, are acceptable subject to a neat internal assessment process ; OR
- Any diploma in science & technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 is acceptable subject to a neat internal assessment process and credits in Mathematics Additional at the SPM level or equivalent ; OR
- Passed Advanced Diploma (Level 5 MQF) in the field of Architecture related field data from Higher Education Grantees recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia with at least CGPA 2.00 ; OR
- Pass with at least Jayyid rank in the Malaysian Higher Certificate (STAM) examination & pass SPM / equivalent and get MUET level 1 (Band 1) at least ; OR
- Passed International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of 24 including Mathematics ; OR
- Passed the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with Grade B in five (5) subjects including Mathematics ; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian government.
Note; The credit terms in Additional Mathematics at the SPM level may be exempted if the qualification contains Mathematics subjects & their achievement is equivalent to / above the credit requirements of the Additional Mathematics subject at the SPM level. Candidates who earn credit in a computer-related subject at the SPM or STPM level or equivalent may be given a primary consideration.
- International students should have good written & spoken English proficiency, for example the 6.0 scale for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent.