Bachelor of Communication (Hons) in Mass Communication
This programme provides opportunities for learners to specialize in an area that aligns with their future career. Graduate degrees are often interdisciplinary but also encourage learners to independently research an area of mass communications and media studies that peaks their interest and advances their career.
Duration of Study
Production Team (Broadcasting), Reporter (Newspaper, Magazine, Online Portals), Public Relations Officer, Advertising / Media Account Executive, Branding Executive, Digital Media Executive, Cameraman, Photographer, Scriptwriter, Campaign / Project Manager
- Passed STPM or equivalent, with at least Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in any two subjects and credits in English at the SPM level or equivalent; or
- Passed Matriculation / equivalent or equivalent, at least CGPA 2.00 and credit in English at SPM or equivalent or
- Passed STAM (Jayyid rank) and credit in English at SPM level or its equivalent; or
- A Diploma or equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and credit in English at SPM level or its equivalent; or
- Media and Communication Diploma or its equivalent; or
- International Baccalaurate (IB) with minimum average 24 points; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian government.
Note: The English credit terms at the SPM level for candidates (i), (ii), (iii), and (iv) may be exempted if the qualifications comprise English subjects and their achievement equivalent / more than the credit requirements of the subject at the point of SPM.
Additional Requirement for International Students - English
For International Students:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 500 OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 5.0 OR equivalent is required.