Bachelor of Communication (Hons) Journalism
To provide high-performing undergraduate learners with the opportunity to undertake advanced academic study and to develop key messages and writing news releases in a dynamic manner and skills necessary to become media practitioners and more informed media consumers. Potential journalist will learn the Impact of different news and their consequences on society. Taking up this degree can help learners develop persuasive and creative skills as well as strengthen their capability for critical and analytical thinking, while upholding professional standards.
Reporter, Newspaper Journalist, Broadcast Journalist, Host, Press Secretary for Minister, Media Relations Executive, Content Writer, Copywriter, Scriptwriter, Novelist
- Passed STPM or equivalent, with at least Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in any two subjects and credits in English at the SPM level or equivalent; or
- Passed Matriculation / equivalent or equivalent, at least CGPA 2.00 and credit in English at the SPM level or equivalent; or
- A Diploma or equivalent, with at least CGPA 2.00 and credit in English at SPM level or equivalent; or
- Passed STAM (Jayyid rank) and credit in English at SPM level or its equivalent; or
- Passed International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum score of 24; or
- Passed Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with an average score of 50%; or
- Passed the South Australian Matriculation (SAM), with TER 70; or
- Passed Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT), Au with a minimum score of 50%; or
- Passed New South Wales: Higher School Certificate (HSC) (Yr 12), Au with a minimum score of 50%; or
- A Diploma in Media and Communication or its equivalent; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian government.
Note: The English credit terms at the SPM level for candidates (i), (ii), (iii), and (iv) may be exempted if the qualifications comprise English subjects and their achievement equivalent / more than the credit requirements of the subject at the point of SPM.
For International Students:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 500 OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 5.0 OR equivalent is required.