Diploma in Architectural Technology
The Architectural Technology programme is designed to prepare learners for a career that supports the building design and construction industry with the necessary technological knowledge that range from design, building services, building construction and materials, as well as skills in using CAD and other relevant 3D softwares in producing drawings and documents.
Duration of Study
Technical Architect Assistant / draughtsperson, Technical or Construction Supervisor at Construction Site, Site Inspector, Administration & Diplomatic Officer (Government Sector), Freelance Designer, 3D Visualizer, Marketing Executive for Building Materials and Products and other relevant fields, BIM Supervisor.
- Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV) / O-Levels with at least one credit in three (3) subjects including Mathematics; OR
- Passed STPM or equivalent with at least one (1) principal in a subject and credit in Mathematics at SPM or equivalent; OR
- Passed STAM (Jayyid rank) in one (1) subject and credit in Mathematics at SPM or equivalent; OR
- Passed Certificate (Level 3 MQF) in relevant fields of Higher Education recognised by the Government of Malaysia with a CGPA of at least 2.0; OR
- Passed Level 3 Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) in recognised or equivalent related fields AND:
- Passed SPM with at least one (1) credit; AND
- Continuing studies at the Diploma level in the same field; AND
- Where necessary, the Academic Education Provider (AEP) should provide a bridging program as a consolidation program for students shifting from the skills sector to the academic sector.
- Passed the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least grade B in three (3) subjects including Mathematics; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian government. AND
- Passed the Arts / Engineering Drawing subject at SPM or equivalent; OR
- Passed portfolio tests for those who failed or did not take Art Education subjects.
Additional Requirement for International Students - English
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) skor 500 atau International English Language Testing System (IELTS) skor 5.0 atau yang setara dengannya.
*MQA Entry Requirement Built Environment (Update 1 Nov 2016)