Diploma in Nursing
The Diploma in Nursing is designed to prepare students to be qualified as a Registered Nurse. This programme focuses both on the ‘care’ aspects of nursing as well as on the ‘science’ of health care in preparing the nurse to provide a safe, caring, competent and professional nursing care to each person’s unique needs across the life span continuum.
The programme aims to produce professional nurses that able to perform effectively and efficiently with multidisciplinary teams in a wide range of health care settings. The complete learning experience not only limited to classroom environment but range to skill practice in simulation wards, skill labs and most importantly real life experience during their clinical placements in both public and private hospitals including community health clinics.
Registered Nurses, Ward Sister/Managers, Director of Nursing, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Industrial Nurse/ Occupational Health Nurses, Clinical Instructors / Lecturers / Nurse Educators
- Pass SPM ; OR equivalent with five (5) credits & pass English :
- Mandatory credit in Bahasa Melayu & Mathematics
- Either one (1) in General Science or Biology or Chemistry (and Pass Biology) or Physics (and Pass Biology)
- Credit in two (2) other subjects
- Pass IELTS with an overall band score of minimum 5.5 ; OR
- Pass TOEFL : TOEFL PBT with a minimum score of 515, TOEFL CBT with a minimum score of 215, TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 80 ; OR equivalent
- Able to converse in Bahasa Melayu